SUMMIT FIBER OPTIC SENSING INTERROGATOR
Ultrafine Optical Fiber Sensing
Summit Fiber Optic Sensing System: Description
Summit fiber optic sensing system delivers the most reliable measurements for structural testing, design optimization, structural health monitoring, thermal mapping and 2D shape sensing.
By supporting 8,000+ sensors on multiple optical fiber cables simultaneously, Summit provides fully distributed sensing capabilities for applications that require both high density and precision. Summit empowers engineers across industries to gather the data they need, not just the data they can get.
Summit is ready to integrate with custom applications and other equipment with Sensuron’s Network API. All communication is accomplished over Ethernet using TCP/IP. The Networking API enables customers and other vendors to integrate custom applications and hardware to Summit. This allows customers to develop their own software in their language of choice, to connect, control, and receive data from Summit.
Current support and applications include:
- Example applications and stubs for Labview and MATLAB
- IRIG-106 Chapter 10 data stream converter developed by Telspan
- Interface with Moog load control systems for structural testing
- Pacific Instrument’s Series 6000 Signal Conditioning Data Acquisition and Control System.
- Summit is ready to connect with Telspan’s Netview and Pacific Instrument’s Series 6000 Signal Conditioning Data Acquisition and Control System for advanced recording and data fusion of multiple sensor types. For more information on large scale structural testing with Telspan, see their page Data Fusion For The Next Generation Structural Test Environment.
For a ruggedized version of Summit, please visit the RTS125+ product page.
The lead length is fully adjustable so users can place the sensors exactly where they need to be.
Replace multiple sensing technologies in a single platform.
Gain confidence in your testing data and model validation. Summit’s fully distributed sensing provides the entire picture of what’s going on rather than a handful of data points.
We have yet to be approached by a competitor or customer that used a similar instrument delivering better performance
Summit Fiber Optic Sensing System: Features
- Four simultaneously monitored fibers with over 2,000 equally spaced sensors per fiber
- Aggregate sensing length of 52 m
- Software selectable spatial resolution as low as 1.6 mm (with custom order option; highest stock resolution is 6.3 mm)
- Real-time, high-resolution distributed strain and temperature measurements
- Up to 60 Hz acquisition rate
- Structural deflection and thermal mapping capability
- Immune to EMI/RFI and radiation
- Low latency networking capability
- Adjustable sensor standoff length
Summit Fiber Optic Sensor System: Applications
Summit in civil applications – Conduct precise structural health monitoring and design validation with Sensuron’s Summit system.
Summit in aerospace applications – From structural health monitoring to improving flight operations.
Summit in energy applications – Monitor turbine blade and nuclear plant tool shape, as well as the integrity of rigs and subsea risers.
Summit Optical Fiber Sensing System: Customization
Sensuron’s Summit optical fiber sensing system can be customized to meet your project’s unique performance requirements.
Contact Sensuron and our team will discuss how your application can benefit from this technology.