How does FOS work?
What do Sensuron’s FOS systems do?
- Increase public safety: Sensuron’s technology monitors the structural health of aircrafts, buildings, nuclear equipment, dams, automobiles, trains, etc.
- Save resources: Sensuron’s compact FOS solutions lead to improved efficiency of wind turbines
- Detect structural instabilities: Sensuron’s RTS125+ system monitors components and structures within tunnels, chemicals, or nuclear power plants
- Enhance sensitivities: Sensuron’s technology improves the precision of medical instruments and industrial tools
- Improve accuracy: Sensuron’s compact FOS systems precisely measure liquid levels in vats of chemicals, cryogenic liquids, fuel, water, oil, etc.
How is it different from other FOS technologies?
Sensuron’s compact FOS technology combines the functions of a number of technologies, offering one solution that helps engineers solve problems across the aerospace, energy and medical industries. By improving the effectiveness of operations, our solution enables engineers to enhance their problem solving capabilities.
By analyzing changes in real-time, Sensuron’s technology increases the reliability of measurement and improves the safety of applications in demanding environments. This enables engineers to focus their energy on innovating beyond the problems of today and focus on the future. To see how Sensuron can enhance your applications, visit our solutions page.
Is it fragile?
What can it withstand?
|Temperatures between||200 to 200°C|
|Operating fiber bend radius||1 in|
|Fiber breaking point||.1 in|
What installation materials are required?
What is it used for?
- Strain fields – By monitoring changes in strain fields in materials, Sensuron’s fiber sensing technology can help engineers evaluate durability and safety in structural health monitoring, validate finite element models, and verify structural designs.
- Temperature profiles – By streaming light through an optical fiber and observing the reflections, Sensuron’s technology can monitor minute changes in the temperature profile along the optical fiber. This provides an accurate picture of the integrity of materials in applications from oil wells to airplanes.
- 2d Deflection – Sensuron’s fiber sensing systems are able to determine the deflection of aircraft wings and other structures.
- 3d Shape – Sensuron’s shape sensing technology provides information readings along the entire length of the fiber. Immune to EMI and RFI, Sensuron’s solutions can be used in minimally invasive procedures to guide instruments like catheters and needles with precision in real-time.
- Distributed load – By monitoring the strain and stress characteristics of a distributed load throughout composite materials, Sensuron’s fiber sensing solutions can accurately reflect the integrity and health of a structure.
- Liquid level – Sensuron’s systems are capable of monitoring liquid level in cryogenic tanks which enables advancements in spaceflight and other applications.